What do these two items have in common? Vanilla Frosting and a DTG print? The answer might surprise you.
- 9 Million metric tons of it are produced each year (estimated)
- It can be found in hydro-thermal veins
- It is odorless
- The exterior of the Saturn V rocket was covered in it
- It is resistant to discoloration under ultraviolet light
- It is used in skin care and cosmetic products
- It can often be found in most red candy
- It is used to create superhydrophilicity…think self cleaning glass – where water is incapable of sitting on it.
- It is also used in sunscreen
- It is not flammable
- You’ve eaten it and used it in many various forms
- It is used in pigments, paints, inks, and many other items
- It is white…
Titanium Dioxide. It’s what gives white frosting its white color… AND your white DTG ink. Titanium Dioxide is used extensively in paints, inks, and even food products. It is very versatile and makes your job of printing black shirts easier.
Do NOT try eating your inks. That would be bad. We just thought you’d like a Fun Fact about DTG.